It's Not a Phase

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Welcome to My Post

Hi! My name is Stacy & this is my first blog. I'm not generally up to speed on the newest & greatest in technology, so please bear with me. I've been reading my friend, Tori's, blog for a couple of months now & really enjoy it. I thought I might enjoy posting one of my own. At the very least, maybe get stuff off my chest that might not otherwise make it's way out.
I guess I'll use my first post to introduce myself & my family. Like I said, my name is Stacy. I am 30 years old & live in Denton, Texas (where I was blessed to meet Tori in jr. high school.) I was born in Indiana, but we moved here in 1981, so I consider myself to be an official Texan. I met my husband, Micah, in Computer Lit. class in 7th grade. Never really talked to him though until 8th grade. Once I started talking to him, I don't think I ever wanted to stop. By the beginning of 9th grade, I decided that I was "in love" (as much as one can be at that age) with him and (if I remember correctly) Tori got us together. He asked me to "go with him" on Nov. 3rd, 1990. We were married on Nov. 3rd, 1995. I was blessed to find the man I was to spend the rest of my life with at such a young age. We've had our ups & downs & there were times when things were rough, but I think that comes with the territory of getting together so young. As with any teenage girl, my dad always used to just grumble & say "It's just a phase. She'll get over him." (thus the title of my blog) But now my parents adore him & admit they couldn't have chosen a better man for their little girl.

This is our son, Ryan Alexander. He was born April 12, 1999 (3 days after Tori's Isabel.) He is our only child & such an awesome kid. From the beginning he's had his dad's disposition & sense of humor. (He totally has my temper though.) This kid has a passion for baseball like nothing I've ever seen. Baseball is the first thing he would ever sit still to watch on t.v. Not Barney, Elmo or Teletubbies, (thank God!) but baseball. We used to have to tape games when it was off-season b/c he didn't understand why he couldn't watch a game. When he started T-Ball, he had a really hard time b/c he'd been hitting (soft, squishy) balls that were thrown to him. He didn't want to hit off no stinkin' tee. But he adapted & is now in coach pitch. He is doing really well & is the only player to have gotten MVP twice this season. Just yesterday at practice, I laughed b/c when the other boys were "dying" b/c it was hot & they "needed" a drink, he was in the coach's face, ready for the next drill. We had to make him go off the field to get a drink. I'm convinced we'll watch him play major league ball some day. & hope it lasts long enough for him to support old Mama & Dad. :-) Ryan is a great kid w/very good manners, which I'm proud to say he uses even when I'm not around. He is considerate of other people's feelings & calls kids out that are lying. That's probably his biggest pet peeve. We have to remind him to mind his own business. He is the only kiddo we are going to have & we can't imagine life without him. He is such a blessing.

Well, that's us in a nutshell. Hopefully I can keep this thing up so I can keep in better touch with people. Thanks for taking the time to read about us. Oh, I'm a huge procrastinator, so my page will probably be a "work in progress" for a while....

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy,
Jason and I agreee you have wayyyy tooo much time on your hands to create "a blogger". J/k
Crystal Ball

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tori :) said...

I'm excited to read your blog. YEA! I'll add your link to my blog.
Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home