It's Not a Phase

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DENIED By Santa's Helpers

Okay, so we're at the mall tonight. Ryan said he wanted to go & see Santa. (he doesn't know about Santa yet....) We go over there & Santa's "helpers" meet us at the entrance.
Helper # 1: "Santa's not seeing children tonight. He's only doing pictures with animals."
(Ryan is standing right beside me, hearing the whole conversation. I look around & see NOBODY waiting in line & NO animals anywhere around.)
Me: "He won't see my son?"
Helper # 1: "No, he's got hair all over him and everything."
Me: "Can't he just go & talk to him?"
Helper # 2: "No, he won't see him at all."
Me: "That's a real nice thing for my 7 year old to hear!!!"
(And we walk off.)
I AM SO PISSED!!!!! I don't even know what to say!!! I've never heard of such a thing. Okay, it's understandable for Santa to take breaks. Santa was not on a break! He was sitting in his chair, with no animals anywhere around, & his helpers were turning kids away. What the heck?! & Since when do they allow animals in the mall?! If they were having a special animal thing, they should have had the area blocked off so Santa couldn't even be seen. Ryan's less upset than I am ~ he actually told me Santa probably wouldn't bring me anything for Christmas since I was rude to that lady. (Thank God for childrens' innocence!) But what if it had been a 3 year old? How would one explain that to a 3 year old?! It was like an hour before closing, so I'm sure there wasn't anyone still working who could fix the situation. That's probably a good thing, b/c as mad as I was, I probably would have made a big scene, which would not have been good for Ryan to see. I do intend to make phone calls tomorrow until I talk to someone who will make this right. Please comment ~ am I over-reacting, or is my pursuance justified?

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Tori :) said...

That would piss me off. What the heck? Especially since you could actually SEE Santa sittin' there. I'm so glad that didn't happen with Taj. He's a tantrum thrower...
I would call- maybe you'll get free pics or a letter from Santa out of it. ;)

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so past the point now, but you are NOT overreacting. I would have been throwing a fit. My 6 yr. old would have been crying. I can't believe they told a kid that Santa won't see him! I'm glad someone tried to make things better (according to your next post) but I would still be writing letters, editorials, etc.

Here's a number to call so Ryan can hear a message from Santa: 1-800-972-6242. It changes every day until Christmas and is very cute. Maybe that will take away some of the bitterness...

Thanks for the Christmas card, by the way! I'm still working on mine...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home