It's Not a Phase

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Proud

I just wanted to take a minute & say how proud I am of my parents. They've been together for almost 35 years (April 2007) & are still going strong. They only knew each other 3 weeks before they got married & have beat the odds & the doubts of all the "it will never last." They've had ups & downs over the years and have had to deal w/some tough issues, but they've always stood by each other's side. They've always been there for my brother & me and continue to be there for our families. Recently, they have found a new zest for life. They started working out & are both doing great. They joined a gym & seem to be sincerely devoted to working on their bodies & health. Since February, she has lost about 35 (?) pounds & he has lost about 25 (?) pounds. He quit smoking after 40+ years! Most importantly, they've joined a church & have been going every Sunday, along w/bible study before service. I think the peace they now have knowing Jesus Christ is on their side has filled a hole that they probably didn't even realize was there. They've always been in love, but now their eyes shine when they're together. They are more patient, understanding & excited about life. They hardly even take naps on the weekends anymore!!! :-) I just wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of them. Their recent changes are definitely for the better & I will be here to fully support them while they walk into their sunset together. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Tori :) said...

I wouldn't have even recognized your mom. That's awesome! Good for them!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home